We have the pleasure of announcing that the free open lecture ‘What am I looking at’ will take place at Dundee Dental Education Centre on 15th November 2017 at 5:30pm and repeated at 7pm.
This Mouth Cancer Action Month we are focusing on the recognition of potentially malignant lesions and mouth cancers.
This event will include an update on the progress of Let’s Talk About Mouth Cancer (SC045100) over the past year. This will include our continued lobbying for gender neutral vaccination against HPV, our input to the Scottish Medicine Consortium on the latest drug in the treatment of head and neck cancer and our programme in Care Homes throughout Scotland.
A unique part of the evening will feature a discussion with the carer/spouse of a patient who recently lost their life to Mouth Cancer providing a very different perspective on the patient journey.
The Learning objectives for our CPD event are below:
1. To learn about the work of a Scottish Health Charity and the recent developments in the treatment of late stage Head and Neck Cancer.
2. To learn more about the advocacy work on gender neutral vaccination for HPV and the current JCVI stance.
3. To review the signs and symptoms of potentially malignant lesions and mouth cancer.
4. To understand the national guidance on mouth cancer referral.
5. To learn about the patient journey through mouth cancer from a carer’s perspective.
Tea, coffee and home bakes will be served on arrival.
One Hour verifiable CPD will be provided.